We began as a loose-knit group of 4-wheeling families, calling themselves at first, the “Indian Wells 4WD Club” and the “High Desert 4-Wheelers”.
While on an outing in Saline Valley in October of 1971, they decided to become an official club and join the California Association of 4WD Clubs.
First Meeting included
In December of 1971 they had their first official meeting and elections.
FIRST ELECTED OFFICERS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
• President: Dean Karlberg • Clyde Burton
• 1st Vice-President: Frank Stevens • Dave Perry
• 2nd Vice-President: Noel Gravell • Bob Windhardt
• Secretary: Jan Felsen
• Treasurer: Wanda Tabb
FOUNDING FAMILIES COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN
• Bill & Judy Burns • Conservation: Oscar Felsen
• Dave Perry • Safety: Gene Tabb
• Clyde & Nell Burton • Historian: Phylis Snyder
• Frank Stevens • Refreshments: Vi Moomay
• Oscar & Jan Felsen
• Steve & Phylis Snyder
• Noel & Ellene Gravell
• Gene & Wanda Tabb
• Dean & Jane Karlberg
• Bob Winehardt
• Vi Moomay